After initially hearing Dave's plan of how it would look, I admit that I couldn't visualize it. When he described it as a "birdcage", I was completely lost. But after seeing things in place, I am now understanding the idea, and I think it's going to look really cool.
Dave and his brother spent half a day meticulously measuring, cutting, "leveling"... and whatever else they had to do. (Truthfully I was on kid duty, and didn't pay much attention to what they were doing, other than to take an occasional photo.)
Each step will have its own "pipe" to prevent a person from falling over the edge. The pipes will eventually be painted.
Yeah! Success! The first pole is in.
The actual handrail will go on the other side of the steps.
* *
It was one of the most spectacularly beautiful mornings I've seen in a long time. Postcard pretty... and oh so peaceful looking.
The 30* temperature feels like a heat wave, so you can bet the girls and I will be out playing in the snow as much as possible today. Pictures and videos to follow...
Yeah! Success! The first pole is in.
The actual handrail will go on the other side of the steps.* *
Yesterday we got more snow. It was the steady, gentle kind with big flakes... and no wind. It was a low-key storm; perfect for a Sunday.
We decided to venture out in the slushy mess and have lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. This is how it looked on the drive home.
We decided to venture out in the slushy mess and have lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. This is how it looked on the drive home.
It was one of the most spectacularly beautiful mornings I've seen in a long time. Postcard pretty... and oh so peaceful looking.
The 30* temperature feels like a heat wave, so you can bet the girls and I will be out playing in the snow as much as possible today. Pictures and videos to follow...





1 comment:
Winter Wonderland! I was driving in to work this morning marveling at all the sagging snow ladened branches. beeeautiful.
Post a Comment