Their almost-1 year old daughter, Sophie, is such a little cutie. Amanda always loves seeing her and "taking care of her." She's such a doting mother-in-training.
Eva, on the other hand, is very leery of babies in general and Sunday was no exception. She was content to watch from a distance with a scowl on her face, as if she was jealous that someone else was getting all of the attention. However, by the end of the morning, Eva made a feeble attempt to strike up a friendship by offering Sophie a Cheerio. Ah, the small things.
The seven of us went out to lunch together, and though we stood outside for a very long time waiting for a table, it was a nice time.
As we said farewell and parted ways, I drove the Audi home while Dave drove our newly purchased Volvo wagon.
We had been talking about getting a bigger car for a while now, and out of the blue, the opportunity presented itself.
The car is now visiting our mechanic, who will then tell us how much money we'll need to sink into it before it is up to standards. I am crossing my fingers that it won't need any major repairs (other than brakes, which we knew when purchasing it.) I really like the car and the roominess will make family outings much more comfortable.
The only aesthetic problem is, as Dave pointed out, no cup holders! (The cup holders in my Audi are broken and many a time I have lost an iced coffee as I made a turn.) This is a step backward, but I guess I'll live.
For now, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that there are no major problems with the car. I'll deal with the cup holders later.



4 comments:
Nice car! Most European cars don't have cup holders or at least very crappy, breakable ones. The holders in Josh's BMW were broken too.
I switched from my Toyota to a Honda just to get cup holders.
your very skilled mechanic... love it! and the car looks great. nice catch you guys.
Love the car, new stuff is always
fun.
I think its funny how
toddlers react around babies,
Eilidh always ignored them till her brother came along
Post a Comment