Sunday, March 15, 2009

Almost There...

Progress on the hand rail continued yesterday. As you will see, it is nearing completion!

First Dave and I carried the clamped rail out to the back deck. After unclamping the glued rail, we were relieved to see that the hand rail kept its curved shape! Success!


Dave, Jay and Ryan worked on getting the rail in place and then secured the first ballister.

The next step will be to put the rest of the ballisters in place (two per step) and then finally stain the wood.

It looks pretty spiffy! I can't wait to see the FINISHED product!

In other news, kitchen demo starts today! Wish us luck!

To be continued...

2 comments:

Christina said...

It is looking gorgeous, Carrie! Admit it - you will be a bit sad to move away. ;o)

j tana ford said...

You will be a bit sad! And so will I when the day comes the we won't be neighbors any more. (moment of silence). OUTSTANDING job on the railing by the way! Nice curve. You guys do impressive work. One of the first memories I have of you was staining shingles with Dave in your side yard. I can't remember what I came over to ask Dave...