Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jen... and Hello Spring!

Ahhh... Finally, I can breathe again! The girls and I have been fighting colds and sinus aggravation for the past week, but I think that's all behind us now.

And not a moment too soon, I might add!

When we looked out the window this morning, we were pleasantly surprised to see that half of the snow from Monday's storm had melted.

By mid-morning, the temperature had climbed to a balmy 50* so we headed outdoors for some backyard fun.

First the girls took the tricycle for a short spin.
Then, it was time for some graffiti fun with their new Princess sidewalk chalk... (Ignore my commentary. I always ruin these videos by talking!)


Amanda was delighted to try out her "new" rain boots that I found for $1 last week. Eva joined her for some puddle splashing. It reminded me that I need to find some rain books in Eva's size!



And finally, the big hit of the day: making a "snow birthday cake."

Appropriately enough, today happens to be our friend Jen's birthday! Happy Birthday, Jen!

What better way to celebrate than with some faux ice cream cake!

The girls had a blast decorating the cake, complete with twigs for birthday candles.



Jen, we all hope you have a wonderful birthday! We're looking forward to celebrating when you come up next weekend! Spring has sprung!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I just love Amanda's sweet voice. And I can't believe how big Eva is looking! The snow cake is too cute.