The other night as the kids were getting ready for bed, I let Amanda try putting the diaper on Eva followed by her pajamas.
Amanda was so proud to be helping. And Eva was actually more cooperative for Amanda than she is for me!
At one point, Eva was squirming, trying to see what Amanda was doing. Amanda said,"Please be cooperative." To which Eva responded,"Okay, Manda."
Once the diaper was secured and the pajamas were on, Eva patted Amanda on the back and said,"Good job, Manda. I proud-ah you."
* *
The other morning as I laid in bed listening to the girls play in the next room I heard this:
Amanda (to Eva): "You're such a cuuuute baby. I'm glad I have a sister."

* *
Later that morning Amanda and Eva were playing 'school' with flashcards.
Amanda: "Mama, we're playing school. Eva's helping me clean up."
Me: "See? That's the good thing about having a sister. You'll always have a friend to play with."
Amanda: "Yeah. I thought I didn't like her, but now I do! My body was just a little grumpy that day."
* *
On my birthday, Amanda crawled into our bed and said,"Daddy, we should give Mama breakfast in bed." Apparently she wanted to go to Dunkin' Donuts and bring donuts and coffee back for me. I assured her that I'd rather eat breakfast at the table with the rest of the family because it gets lonely being in the bed all by myself.
Then she curled up next to me and said,"Mama, I just don't know what I'm going to get you for your birthday."
I jokingly said,"Well, you'd better come up with something fast! My birthday is today!"
And then I said,"You know what the best gift would be? If you could be a good helper and a good listener today... and be on your best behavior."
She thought about that for a second and decided she could do that.
Then she said,"Eva, you have to give Mama good behavior today."
Eva replied,"Okay..." and walked over and handed me a book of Disney Princess Tales.
A few minutes went by and then Amanda turned, looked up at me and said,"How's it going so far?"
I couldn't help but smile.
I replied,"It's going great."

1 comment:
hahahaha. that's awesome, Carrie.
Post a Comment