
Yesterday had the potential to be a depressing day: another birthday.
The transition from age 35 to age 36 meant that I was that much closer to 40... and that much further from 30!
However, it was completely painless. In fact, it was so much fun that I wish I could do it all over again today!
The day started out with the normal routine... breakfast, gym, errands, lunch, and then Preschool for Amanda/naptime for Eva.
Now, if you remember, Dave and I had been sleeping in the girls' playroom while Dave stained the floor in our bedroom and built the new bedframe. It was a complete disaster area.
Well, when I finally walked into my bedroom midday, I was completely shocked to find that all of the furniture had already been moved back in!
Not only was the bedframe completely finished and all of the dressers in place, but the bed was even made!
Complete with brand new sheets and even a bedskirt!!
Now, call me simple... but as far as I'm concerned, that was the best gift ever! I had been dreading the task of organizing and cleaning the bedroom, so to find out that it had all been taken care of was a huge relief!
And because I had also been relieved of the task of selecting and purchasing a bedskirt, Dave got major points in my book. (Decorating is just not my thing, and I have no desire to learn it. In fact, until I met Dave, I had no idea what "thread count" meant and was content to sleep on flannel sheets.)
After I picked Amanda up at Preschool, we met up with a friend at the playground for about an hour. In the early evening, we met Dave at a local restaurant for dinner. I had the best fish tacos, and saved half of it so I could enjoy it for dinner again tonight!
After we paid the bill, Dave took the girls on a "secret mission" to buy a birthday cake, and Amanda and Eva were so excited about that. They came home with a blue cake, decorated with a rainbow and colorful sprinkles. And gosh, was that good!?
The best part of my birthday gift is yet to come. On Sunday evening, Dave and I will be going on a "Full Moon Dinner Cruise" of the Boston harbor and islands. There will be a 4-course dinner and dancing, and I am really excited about it!
Throughout the day, I had lots of phone calls from friends and family, and it was just a fantastic birthday!
And the fun continues today because my Yanni "Voices" CD/DVD just arrived, so tonight I will be reliving that awesome concert from a month ago. With a slice of leftover birthday cake. What could be better?
Thanks to all of you for making it a truly special day!
1 comment:
Reliving the Yanni concert? Hmm ... LOL! :D :D
I'm glad that you had *SUCH* a wonderful birthday. Seriously, if Jeff had done something like that, I think that I would have fallen over in surprise. I'm the "decorator" in the family. He doesn't care about that stuff. What a terrific birthday! I turn 34 this year. *sigh*
Post a Comment