Friday, June 26, 2009

Wisconsin, here we come!

The bags are packed, the car is loaded, and sleep awaits.

We leave bright and early tomorrow morning for our much anticipated Road Trip 2009, final destination: Wisconsin.

We hope to be on the road by 7:00 am and our destination for the day will be Lake Placid. We have reserved a lakeside hotel room right and according to the abundance of positive reviews, we should be in for a nice, relaxing time. I just hope the weather cooperates so we can make use of the free canoes and paddleboats.

On Monday, we will leave Lake Placid and head to London, Ontario. I even found my stash of foreign money and was pleased to find that I had $17.00 in Canadian money left from our honeymoon five years ago. I'm not exactly sure how strong the dollar is in Canada, but that should at least get us some coffee and donuts!

On Tuesday, we will venture west through Canada and enter back into the US. We'll board a car ferry in Muskegon, Michigan and cruise across Lake Michigan, finally getting off in Milwaukee. From there, it's about an hour and a half drive to my mom's house, which will be our homebase for the duration of our stay.

I am feeling confident that we have remembered everything, except for making the car ferry reservation, but we can do that on our long drive tomorrow. As for the girls, Eva seems very excited about the trip, continually asking if we can stay in a hotel. Amanda is excited about seeing her relatives, but is exhibiting some anxiety and reluctance to "leave her babies" behind. She has a tendency to act this way when something unknown is ahead, but I think once we're on our way, she will be okay.

I will have my laptop with me on the trip and hope to blog or send updates via computer or phone. I'm looking forward to seeing all of my WI friends and family very soon!

No comments: