Friday, October 22, 2010

Brrr...

When I went to the gym this morning with the girls, it was only 42*.

Amanda complained that she needed mittens and I couldn't disagree. The heat could not kick in fast enough for us!

Meanwhile back at the house, Dave had started the first wood fire of the season. Unfortunately our planning was not the greatest and we didn't have any newspaper or kindling, and all of the wood on the pile was damp from the previous day's rain. Nonetheless, when we got home, smoke was billowing out of the chimney and it was toasty warm inside.

Stocking up on dry would will definitely be on the agenda for the weekend!

For some reason, the first fire of the season was very exciting for Amanda and Eva. When we arrived home, Amanda pulled out her notebook and sat at the table writing a letter to Santa. I explained that it wasn't even Halloween yet, but nothing could stop her. She is a kid, after all.

I took a peek at her letter when she was finished.

Some of her requests were pretty normal...

"Can I have a rell maggc wand?" (real magic wand)

She continued with...

"Can I have an ingrond pool?" (inground pool)
"Can Eva have a younacorn? And me too?" (unicorn)

And then she really started stretching.

"Can I hav my brhday sooner?" (birthday)
"Can Eva go to scool with me?"
"Can Eva hav a pony?"

But my favorite was this one.

"Can my fmaly be roalte?" (family be royalty)

Fat chance, my dear.

No comments: