We had originally planned to spend Columbus Day weekend, a three day weekend, in Burlington, Vermont. Unfortunately by the time I got around to looking up hotels, everything was booked!!
We came up with a Plan B that we're pretty excited about it. We'll be heading up to White River Junction, VT tomorrow morning and staying overnight. It is right in the middle of Vermont, smack dab between the Green Mountains and the White Mountains of New Hampshire. The girls think it's so cool that we're going to be in "the mountains." (I have a feeling they're picturing something out of Candyland, like the Peppermint Forest or Lollipop Woods. I hope they're not disappointed once they see the real thing.)
I found an interactive science and nature museum, Montshire Museum of Science, just 5 miles from our hotel, so that's definitely on the agenda. The foliage is supposed to be at its peak this weekend, which explains why it was hard to find a hotel room. We'll probably do a fair amount of driving and if the weather is nice, we'll do some of the museums nature walks.
The Harpoon Brewery is also holding an OctoberFest up there this weekend and I've heard that it's a lot of fun for the family. There is a Chicken Dancing contest and a German Oompa Band. We found out that Omi is going to be there with a friend the same day.
Of course, the highlight of the weekend will more then likely be the hotel swimming pool. The girls are eager to practice their swimming skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment