Sunday, March 13, 2011

Miscellaneous

I hit the jackpot today while browsing at The Christmas Tree Shop. Children's travel neck pillows!! These will be perfect for road trips, especially during our annual summer trip to Wisconsin. (We're planning this year's trip around my 20th high school reunion at the end of July.)


Amanda chose a red ladybug; Eva chose the hippo (which she insists is a DOG!); and Liam will get the green lizard. These were a real bargain at $4.99! I'm thinking about going back to buy more for birthday gifts. The girls have already named their pillows "travel pets" and Amanda promptly laid hers on her lap like a Boppy pillow and said,"Now I can nurse Olivia!" (Her stuffed rabbit.)

And now, an update on Liam and his sleep habits...

No more Mr. Crankypants!

You can't see it but his shirt says Night Patrol." That has been pretty fitting... until this weekend. I am pleased to say that we have made great progress!

He is back on Mama's good side now and his easygoing nature has returned. Last night he slept from 7:15 pm until 5:40 am! That just might be his best night of sleep ever.

Of course, Dave and I are so accustomed to managing on little sleep, that we both woke up in the middle of the night, purely out of habit. (Dave got up and worked on the computer from 1-5 am; I listened to podcasts from 2-4 am.)

I think we are both in need of our own form of sleep training!

1 comment:

Sarah H said...

Yay!!!! I hope this continues for you! As I type this I am holding a sleeping Simon at 10 minutes to midnight. If I lay him down in his crib he will scream like it is a bed of nails. I fear I have become his lovey!