Today was one of those days where everything went right.
These types of days are far and few between in my world. There always seem to be fires to put out and problems to solve. Just when I think things are going right, a wheel falls off the cart.
But not today!
It all started when I checked my email in the morning. I was delighted to learn that my name had been drawn for the $25 gift card to this Saturday's gigantic Children's Spring Consignment Sale.
I consign kids' items twice per year at this sale and it's the best place to find bargains on children's clothing, toys, and equipment. And not only did I win the gift card, I also received a "pass" to the Volunteer Pre-Sale. This means I will get to shop the night before the sale opens to the public - and a full two hours before the Consignor Pre-Sale. That is huge, because typically all of the good stuff gets scooped by the volunteers, then the consignors, and finally the public. This time around, I will get first crack at everything. It's a good thing, because I have a long list of things that the kids need. They are all going through growth spurts!
My day continued with an invigorating run at the gym. Dave's stellar performance last Saturday inspired me to start working toward the goal of completing my first 5K run. A few days ago, I managed to do the whole 3.1 miles in 34 minutes, a full 7 minutes slower than Dave's time. (My goal is to do it in 30 minutes.)
When I was leaving the gym, I found out that Dave's picture was in this week's newspaper.
My friend, Debbie, had submitted the photo to the paper, and they chose to print it!
I had a few morning appointments so Dave took over "kid duty", which really was just "Liam Duty" since the girls were at school. It was a nice change of pace for me. I even had time between appointments to do some leisurely shopping at Trader Joe's and grab a sandwich at Panera.
Realizing I had 30 minutes to kill before my next appointment, I stopped by the Salvation Army to browse.
And what do you know, I found my very favorite brand of jeans... in my size... with a green tag! On Wednesdays, anything with a green tag is 50% off so I managed to get the jeans for a whopping $3.50! And as a bonus, I found a pair of like-new beautiful brown leather boots for $5. I practically skipped out of the store.
I arrived home and found that the lunch dishes had already been done and things were relatively clean. Amazing! I talked to the girls about their day at school, and scanned my blog reader. It was a good day for deals today on my money-saving blogs: a free bag of Uncle Ben's rice and a free bottle of Suave hair styling product. Not too shabby. Every little bit counts.
I had an afternoon of super lessons, with my students getting ready for the end of the year recital which occurs in two months. Even my dinner tonight (bbq spareribs on crusty rolls) was a hit with everyone. Amanda even suggested that I "put this meal on our favorite dinner list."
Other than the fact that Amanda and Liam suddenly came down with runny noses right before bed... and Liam once again throwing an absolute fit about having to go to bed, it was a good day.
A great day, in fact! I suppose it's too much to ask that tomorrow goes the same way. I have a dentist appointment first thing in the morning...
* Edit: Actually, today has been another great day: no cavities for me! And, Dave brought home some delicious lobster bisque from Haddad's for lunch. Woo hoo!

No comments:
Post a Comment