Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Proof that Liam can stand

Liam's confidence is growing by the day. He can now stand long enough for me to grab the camera and get some proof!

Still not ready to walk on his own, but he'll get there. I think he's working on talking first. I can actually communicate a bit with him now, with some real understanding going on.

For example, if I ask,"Where's your shoe?", he will find it and bring it to me.

The other day, I asked,"Do you want a snack?", and he retrieved his bib and brought it to me.

If I ask,"What does a lion say?", he will roar. We're working on "What does a kitty say?", and it's the cutest thing when he very softly says,"Meow."

And whenever he blurts out "Mah!", as he does at the end of this video, that's his way of saying,"More!" This has become his game. Have Mama or Daddy stand me up, I'll show them how long I can stand, repeat.



Update! Update!

Tonight, between bathtime and bedtime, Liam decided it was time for a breakthrough... and took his first steps!

When I came upstairs with the girls, Dave told me that Liam had just taken about two steps.

By the time I grabbed the camera and sat down on the floor, he had added a few more steps! It won't be long now before his little brain puts all of the pieces together.


Video to follow soon...

No comments: