Saturday, January 23, 2016

Ice Skating

Dave bought ice skates for each of the kids, and promised to take them ice skating at the cranberry bog this morning while I ran errands.

The bog is just down the road from us, so it couldn't be any more convenient. Because it is a bog, it is the perfect spot to learn how to skate, and you never have to worry about falling through the ice.

This is how it looked when I drove past at 8:00 am: completely deserted.


The temperature was only 33*, and with the brisk wind, it was much too cold for me! Somehow the kids lasted an hour and a half. Maybe the donuts and hot chocolate that Dave bought helped?


When I drove past again at 10:30 am, there were probably 30 people (mostly kids), skating and playing hockey.

Luckily Dave took some photos/videos.






It reminds me of when we used to skate on the frozen marsh in Wisconsin. However, back then, we always had to take a shovel with us and clear the snow before we could skate.

I would like to buy myself a pair of skates, and take the kids to the indoor rink in Plymouth sometime. Perhaps over February vacation...

No comments: