
Last night was a teaching night for me, and by the time my last student left, I just didn't have the energy to come up with a dinner plan. I knew Dave would be working late, so I granted myself a night off from cooking.
After dropping the babysitter off, I made the suggestion of Happy Meals at McDonald's, which is a rare treat for the girls. Amanda could barely contain her excitement.
Now, I admit to having an ulterior motive when I suggested Happy Meals. They come with toys, you know. The last time we went to McDonald's, they were giving away "Wizard of Oz" characters with the kids' meals. I was on a secret mission to collect all of the characters, so I could amuse the girls by recreating our own little "Wizard of Oz" show during playtime.
So far, our meager collection consisted of Dorothy (thanks Jen!) - - and two of the lesser known Winky Guards. As I pulled up and scanned the Drive Thru menu, I noticed that the Wizard of Oz toys had been discontinued. Rats!
Now granted, it had been several months since our last visit, so I shouldn't have been surprised. But nonetheless, I was a little disappointed - as was Amanda, who had been speculating for the entire car ride about which character she might get. (She was hoping for the Tin Man.)
When I placed my order, I was asked whether I wanted the girls' or boys' meals. I absently answered, "Girls" and proceeded to pay for our food. Do you remember my "Daughters" post from a few days ago? The one where I described the differences in my two daughters' personalities?
Well, apparently the McDonald's employee reads my blog. When we got home, I began unpacking the two bags and passing out the food.
In Amanda's Happy Meal, there was a Barbie figurine.
London Barbie, to be more specific - complete with a plaid mini skirt, red go-go boots and a postcard from London.
After explaining that this was not just any old Barbie, it was a special London Barbie, Amanda exclaimed,"I love London Barbie! Thank you, Mama!! Thank you!!"

Just look at that grin. In Amanda's world, it doesn't get much better than a McD's meal and a Barbie doll, all in one night. Luckily, the Tin Man was quickly forgotten.
I then looked inside Eva's bag, only to find that Eva had mistakenly been given the boys' Happy Meal. There, in the place of London Barbie's twin sister, was a black Transformer car.

As you can plainly see, Eva was delighted. McDonald's unknowingly gave my daughters the exact toy they would have picked out for themselves. (Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out how to "transform" the darn thing into whatever other form it's supposed to take, so Eva is stuck with just a car for now.)
After dinner, I captured this little video of Eva playing with her prized toy. (I just love the little noises she makes as she pushes her car along.)
All in all, a decent night for everyone involved...
However, I do have a small request.
If McDonald's ever decides to start the "Wizard of Oz" promotion again, will someone please let me know?
We really want that Tin Man...
London Barbie, to be more specific - complete with a plaid mini skirt, red go-go boots and a postcard from London.
After explaining that this was not just any old Barbie, it was a special London Barbie, Amanda exclaimed,"I love London Barbie! Thank you, Mama!! Thank you!!"

Just look at that grin. In Amanda's world, it doesn't get much better than a McD's meal and a Barbie doll, all in one night. Luckily, the Tin Man was quickly forgotten.
I then looked inside Eva's bag, only to find that Eva had mistakenly been given the boys' Happy Meal. There, in the place of London Barbie's twin sister, was a black Transformer car.

As you can plainly see, Eva was delighted. McDonald's unknowingly gave my daughters the exact toy they would have picked out for themselves. (Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out how to "transform" the darn thing into whatever other form it's supposed to take, so Eva is stuck with just a car for now.)
After dinner, I captured this little video of Eva playing with her prized toy. (I just love the little noises she makes as she pushes her car along.)
All in all, a decent night for everyone involved...
However, I do have a small request.
If McDonald's ever decides to start the "Wizard of Oz" promotion again, will someone please let me know?
We really want that Tin Man...
3 comments:
"Wooo! Weeoo!" (drop) "Uh-oh" That is adorable. Kids are so good for the soul.
Hehe! A little bit of fate, working your way!!
LOVE London Barbie!
Post a Comment