It has been brought to my attention that I had the date of Jenny's birthday wrong! Ugh, I wonder how many years I've had it marked wrong on my calendar...
Anyhow, Happy Birthday to Jenny on the 6th... not on the 2nd, which is Groundhog Day! (Sorry Jenny!)
Also, the dorm room pictured in the group photo was not mine after all. It was actually Brenda's room, all the way across campus. (The neatly stacked items in the closet should have been the tip-off that it was, in fact, not my room.)
Apparently my memory is showing early signs of forgetfulness, which happens when your 36th birthday is approaching at the speed of the Concorde.
* *
In other news, yesterday the kids were released early from school due to another snowtorm. Today, our schools are closed - despite the fact that all of the neighboring towns have school. Deja vu. We had a Snow Day last Wednesday too!
Normally, I would be excited about a Snow Day... except when it falls on a Monday or a Wednesday, because this means no preschool for Amanda.
This is even more unfortunate because today was supposed to have been "Amanda's Special Day."
Each of the children in her Preschool class have a designated "Special Day", which usually falls on their birthday. In the case of the kids who have summer birthdays, like Amanda, they celebrate on their half birthday instead.
Tomorrow is technically Amanda's half birthday. Yep, 3 1/2 years old... rounding the corner, now sprinting toward the ripe old age of 4. (Which, according to Amanda, is when she will officially be a grown-up.)
Now, I must admit that this is a fairly new term for me... like Sweetest Day. I had never really heard of celebrating half birthdays until we read a library book about it. As I commented to a fellow parent, I hope the idea of a half birthday does not become a tradition. (Celebrating one birthday per year is great plenty for me!)
In any case, Amanda was very disappointed that she would not be able to wear the "beautiful dress" she had laid out the night before... and saddened that she could not bring ice cream treats to share with the rest of her classmates.
As consolation, I promised that we would make lemon bars this morning and do a painting project. (Scatch that... I just realized that I used all of the eggs up when I made quiche yesterday.)
Guess I'll have to come up with a Plan B.
Anyhow, Happy Birthday to Jenny on the 6th... not on the 2nd, which is Groundhog Day! (Sorry Jenny!)
Also, the dorm room pictured in the group photo was not mine after all. It was actually Brenda's room, all the way across campus. (The neatly stacked items in the closet should have been the tip-off that it was, in fact, not my room.)
Apparently my memory is showing early signs of forgetfulness, which happens when your 36th birthday is approaching at the speed of the Concorde.
* *
In other news, yesterday the kids were released early from school due to another snowtorm. Today, our schools are closed - despite the fact that all of the neighboring towns have school. Deja vu. We had a Snow Day last Wednesday too!
Normally, I would be excited about a Snow Day... except when it falls on a Monday or a Wednesday, because this means no preschool for Amanda.
This is even more unfortunate because today was supposed to have been "Amanda's Special Day."
Each of the children in her Preschool class have a designated "Special Day", which usually falls on their birthday. In the case of the kids who have summer birthdays, like Amanda, they celebrate on their half birthday instead.
Tomorrow is technically Amanda's half birthday. Yep, 3 1/2 years old... rounding the corner, now sprinting toward the ripe old age of 4. (Which, according to Amanda, is when she will officially be a grown-up.)
Now, I must admit that this is a fairly new term for me... like Sweetest Day. I had never really heard of celebrating half birthdays until we read a library book about it. As I commented to a fellow parent, I hope the idea of a half birthday does not become a tradition. (Celebrating one birthday per year is great plenty for me!)
In any case, Amanda was very disappointed that she would not be able to wear the "beautiful dress" she had laid out the night before... and saddened that she could not bring ice cream treats to share with the rest of her classmates.
As consolation, I promised that we would make lemon bars this morning and do a painting project. (Scatch that... I just realized that I used all of the eggs up when I made quiche yesterday.)
Guess I'll have to come up with a Plan B.
3 comments:
We have had like 2 weeks of no snow, and I'm loving it!
Great picture to end with. That's a keeper. Also, why can't we get snow days for work? My mom (who is a lunch lady) had the day off yesterday and stayed at home sipping tea curled up with a good book.
i need one of those days myself.
-t
You are such a great mom! I love this blog!
Post a Comment