Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Weekend Getaway

We are looking forward to a rare family getaway this weekend.

On Friday morning, we'll be packing up the Volvo for its maiden voyage, assuming Dave has completed all of the necessary work by then, to visit friends in Connecticut.

The girls, in particular, are looking forward to this "sleepover." We'll be spending two nights with Andre and Jen, and one day with Scott and Kim. I am sure it will be a fun-filled weekend for the entire family!

This morning Amanda pulled her suitcase out from underneath her bed and announced that she was going to start packing for the trip. (Just like her mama, she begins packing days in advance. But then again, isn't the anticipation half the fun of taking a vacation?)

After a few minutes, I checked in on Amanda's progress and saw that she had set aside a few pair of underpants, a nightgown and a few other random items of clothing.

Eva, in the meantime, was assigned to the task of packing stuffed animals.

This afternoon, I began sorting through the laundry and pulling out the suitcases for some early packing of my own.

I brought Amanda's suitcase to my bedroom, and to my surprise, it weighed about 15 pounds.

I laid it on the floor, unzipped it...

And this is what I found.
Ah, yes. She had packed the bare necessities. Who needs clothes!?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess Amanda takes after Jamma Jo. Maybe she'll be a novelist.

j tana ford said...

I'm glad to see she has her priorities in order.

April said...

Looks like my suitcases!!