Saturday, February 21, 2009

Potty Training?

Tonight Eva told me she had to go potty.

This is nothing new. She has been expressing an interest in the potty for a few months now, but has never actually done anything.

Still, not wanting to discourage her, I went through the motions of unzipping her pajamas, taking off her diaper and setting up the little red Elmo potty seat for her.

And what do you know?! She actually WENT!! For the first time ever! Woo hoo!

So of course, we made a huge deal of it... all of us in the bathroom cheering for her. And then she was rewarded with an M&M. (It just so happens that I had a jar of M&M's, thank goodness.)

Amanda is very excited about all of this because she wants Eva to grow up as fast as possible. Amanda told her, "When you're doing potty training, you get candy corn!" However, Amanda's potty training happened during the fall season. Maybe jelly beans would be more appropriate for Eva? She also offered to share her underpants with Eva. Is that love or what?

Even so, at not quite 20 months, Eva is still pretty young for the whole potty training thing so I'm not getting my hopes up... but if she really wants to go for it, I will not stand in her way.

Although it would figure. I just bought diapers today... a full two cases worth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Eva! From one potty-training mom to another, that's a GREAT start Carrie. Yesterday we had underpants on the head! :)