Did you all watch the Superbowl last night?
We had a great evening with friends, and I confess that I only caught snippets of the game... and about 5 minutes of the halftime show. For us, the Superbowl is just an excuse to get together with friends and indulge in a smorgasbord of appetizers.
Dave made his signature marinated chicken wings which were devoured in minutes. I made a delicious Hot Corn Dip, which was the perfect complement to Kate's chili and the grilled cream cheese filled jalapenos.
Because so many people have asked me for the recipe, I am going to post it here.
We had a great evening with friends, and I confess that I only caught snippets of the game... and about 5 minutes of the halftime show. For us, the Superbowl is just an excuse to get together with friends and indulge in a smorgasbord of appetizers.
Dave made his signature marinated chicken wings which were devoured in minutes. I made a delicious Hot Corn Dip, which was the perfect complement to Kate's chili and the grilled cream cheese filled jalapenos.
Because so many people have asked me for the recipe, I am going to post it here.
Hot Corn Dip| 1 (15 ounce) can white corn, drained 1 (15 ounce) can yellow corn, drained 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, diced and softened 1/2 teaspoon chili powder 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder chopped fresh cilantro to taste |
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix white corn, yellow corn, diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, cream cheese, chili powder, garlic powder and cilantro.
- Pour into an ovensafe dish and bake for 30 minutes or until hot bubbly.
* Because I had an open jar in the fridge, I also added 2 Tbsp of cheese con queso dip, which gave it some extra spice.
Serve warm with tortilla chips. (I used blue corn tortilla chips, which were perfect.)
This yields 6 cups, which is a very big batch and perfect for parties. Enjoy!
Serve warm with tortilla chips. (I used blue corn tortilla chips, which were perfect.)
This yields 6 cups, which is a very big batch and perfect for parties. Enjoy!
1 comment:
This sounds amazing!! I will definitely have to try it.
Post a Comment